Upgrading is a pain: JDBC Driver loading problems - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michael Pede
Subject Upgrading is a pain: JDBC Driver loading problems
Date
Re: Upgrading is a pain: JDBC Driver loading problems  ("Nick Fankhauser" <nickf@ontko.com>)
Re: Upgrading is a pain: JDBC Driver loading problems  (Rene Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Okay, I've just upgraded to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and java version
"1.1.8".  I'm trying to load the JDBC driver with both
Class.forName("postgresql.Driver") and
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").  I get errors each time.

I have my CLASSPATH set up correctly.

For "postgresql.Driver" I get a ClassNotFoundException

For "org.postgresql.Driver" I get a NoClassDefFoundError, or more specifically
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/ArrayList
         at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionHook.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at
         at
         at test.main(test.java:11)

Perhaps my postgresql.jar is corrupt, but it's the one that Debian
installed, I haven't touched it.

Michael Pede
mpede@sfu.ca